Alkaline Foods

Read my article: http://healthcareinfo101.blogspot.com/2016/05/benefits-of-an-alkaline-diet.html

An Alkaline diet has many health benefits, since the human body’s pH is 7.35, or slightly alkaline. And the body is always seeking a state of balance It works hard to maintain a healthy neutral alkaline balance.

It is recommended that your diet consist of around 80% alkaline food sources while acidic foods make up the remaining 20%.

LIST OF ALKALINE FOODS:

Examples of Alkalining Vegetables:
Zucchini, Wheatgrass, Watercress, Tomato, Tofu , Thyme, Swiss Chard, Sweet Potato, Sunflower Seeds, Squash, Sprouts, Spinach, Soybeans, Sesame Seeds, Rhubarb, Red Beans, Radish, Quinoa, Pumpkin & Pumpkin Seeds, Pomegranate, Peppers, Peas, Parsley, Onion, Olive Oil, Okra, New Potatoes, Navy Beans, Mustard Greens, Mung Beans, Mint, Millet, Lime, Lima Beans, Lettuce, Lentils, Lemon, Leeks, Khorasan Wheat, Kelp, Kale, Herbal Teas, Green Beans, Grapefruit, Goat’s Milk, Gluten Free Breads, Ginger, Garlic, Flax Oil & Flax Seeds, Endive, Eggplant, Dandelion, Cumin, Cucumber, Collard Greens, Coconut, Cilantro, Chives, Chia, Celery, Cauliflower, Carrot, Cabbage, Buckwheat, Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli, Beetroot, Basil, Avocado & Avocado Oil, Asparagus, Arugula, Artichokes, Amaranth, Almonds & Almond Milk

Examples of Alkalizing Fruits:
Apple, Banana, Berries, Cantaloupe, Grapes, Melon, Lemon, Orange, Peach, Pear, Watermelon

Alkalizing Protein:
Almonds, Chestnuts,

Alkalizing Spices:
Cinnamon, Curry, Ginger, Mustard, Sea Salt

Wild edibles
(e.g., dandelion, nettles, wild grasses);

Medicinal mushrooms
(e.g. shiitake, maitake, reishi).

TRANSCRIPTION:
Alkaline Foods What are they and how they effect your body.

In the average American diet, many consume foods which are too acidic to effectively promote and maintain a healthy body. Some examples of these acidic sources we consume are refined sugars, dairy products, and meat, such as, beef and pork.

Alkalising the body is not difficult, but, in order to understand the benefits of doing so. One must first understand the definition of alkaline foods, how they work with the body and which foods in particular will counteract the effects of their acidic counterparts.

Alkaline is defined as that which has a pH greater than 7 Because the body functions best at a pH level of about 7.4, it is important to consume foods which will bring those levels up to the appropriate level.

As a general rule, foods can be classified as either acid-forming or alkaline forming.

The human body’s pH is 7.35, or slightly alkaline. The body is always seeking a state of balance and it works hard to maintain a healthy neutral alkaline zone.

Now, keep in mind that foods in of themselves cannot change this zone in the body, but, the body does have to work extra hard to compensate for the intake of acid-forming foods that are ingested in excess.

This happens because when your diet is highly acidic the body has to leech calcium from the bones, as calcium is an alkalising mineral. Over time this can lead to bone mineral loss, which can result in osteoporosis.

Additionally, as a stressor it can lead to inflammation along with increased cortisol levels, and this can impact overall health in the long term. Conversely, those foods that are alkaline forming are typically plant based highly nutrient dense, loaded with antioxidants.

These foods also support healthy cell regeneration and fight the effects of free-radical on the body. A diet high in acid forming foods results in reduction of muscle efficiency. so more energy expenditure is needed for each and every muscle contraction.

Now, during intense activity, this means a lot of extra work for the body. Since alkaline-forming foods greatly reduce inflammation, the muscles work at more functional level and they also require less force to move.

It is recommended that your diet consist of around 80% alkaline food sources while acidic foods make up the remaining 20%. One example. Swap coffee for green tea.

Now, I just added green tea to my diet, I’m sorry I ain’t giving up my coffee.

Besides helping with alklization, Green tea also bring a lot of other health benefits.

Always eat your vegetables, the best choice in alkalising varieties, are: broccoli, celery, chard greens, collard greens, cucumbers, cauliflower and mushrooms.

Some of the best fruits are also alkalising, like peaches, pears, apples, bananas, berries, cantaloupe and grapes.

Fill your diet with alkalising foods and you will enjoy better health and better athletic performance.
The nutriments they bring are invaluable, so skip acidic sugary foods and choose healthier sources:

The images that you have been seeing, are all alklising sources, For a list of alkalising foods Look in the description of the video.

I hope this has helped you as much as it has helped me. Thanks for visiting and Y’all come back now.

You May Also Like

1 Comment

Comments are closed.