For a lot of people, and it seems it’s women in particular, the first experience you’ll have at your new gym is attending a class. In fact, this is how a lot of people end up joining a gym, after attending a class with a friend. Once you’ve been in the classes for a few weeks, some of the more adventurous people will head over to the treadmills. This seems to be a safe place and it’s hard to look like a fool on this equipment. Far beyond the comfort of the treadmills and classrooms there lurks an area few will tread… the weight lifting equipment.
The weights area is predominately used by guys and typically those guys are extremely serious about their gym workouts. The last thing you would want to do is use the equipment improperly or worse, endanger one of them because you don’t know what you’re doing. As difficult as it may sound, if you want to get into great shape, you’re going to need to include some resistance (weight) training in your workouts.
If you’re intimidated about using the weight lifting equipment, ask one of the people at the front desk to explain a couple of them to you. Just let them know what part of your body you’re working that day and which 2 machines you could use. You can also find a good number of videos on YouTube explaining how each piece of equipment is used. Of course, the absolute best way to overcome your fear of the weights and boost your level of fitness is to hire the services of a personal trainer. Even if it’s just for a short time to get you started, it’ll be worth the extra money in the time you save yourself learning each piece of equipment.
Resistance training will increase your muscle size and that, in turn, increase your base metabolic rate. To further explain that, the more you build muscles, the higher your metabolism, which means, you’ll be able to eat more and not gain weight.
Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)
- Related posts on exercise
- Fast Ways To Lose Weight With Aerobic Exercise | World News Today
- Raytheon Demonstrates Alternative Energy Capability During Marine …
- FitBALL Sport Firm Exercise Ball – 55cm : : FITBALL EXERCISE BALL
- Related posts on fitness equipment
- Rowing Machine – a remarkable fitness with many advantages …
- Daisy Fuentes Pilates | New Workouts | Absolute Fitness Equipment …
- Neutrogena T-Gel Therapeutic Shampoo, Extra Strength, Clean Scent …
- Related posts on free weights
- Bowflex Leg Extension | Mexico Culture Articles and Information
- PowerBlock Classic Adjustable 5 to 45-Pounds per Dumbbell Set
- Quality Fitness by Maximus MX 360 Cable Crossover FREE Inside …